Cultured gals will be heading for Kinsale this weekend where some of Ireland's best thinkers, actors, artists, musicians and chefs will be discussing, debating and delighting in the lighter and darker sides of life across a diverse and eclectic menu of cultural events based on a ‘Vice & Virtue’ theme. Part of Kinsale Arts Festival 2012, Guest Festival Director, Gemma Tipton describes the week-long schedule as "a laboratory for one enormous experiment into thinking". There’s dramatic dining, a murderous feast, jelly workshops and a dinner that could change your life. Here are some of our highlights:
• Shakespeare as you’ve never seen him before... in Text Messages! Four plays in no more than 20 minutes each.
• Dragon’s Den star Sean O’Sullivan and Secret Millionaire Marcelle Speller will debate the virtue of small, radical and dangerous ideas in changing our world for the better.
• Harnessing the age old Irish tradition of solving our problems over tea KAF presents Tea & Sympathy with Roisin Ingle, Tea & Philosophy with Sarah Bakewell and Tea & Psychology with Zelda di Blasi
• Mark Patrick Hederman Abbot of Glenstal Abbey is invited to explore if things are ever really black and white.
• The Leviathan Political Cabaret provide music, comedy and fiery debate on Virtue & Vice: Why Sex Sells?
Devour the full programme at kinsaleartsfestival.com or find out more by calling 021 4700877.