16/03/12 at 07:13 AM |
Garden checklist: Things to do now
- Once your snowdrops have finished flowering you can divide the clumps and replant.
- Lettuce can be sown now – raised beds or window boxes would be ideal. Make life easy and use seed tapes – no thinking, no waste, ideal for smaller gardens.
- Prune any shrubs that have finished flowering.
- Start treating your lawn for moss now that the weather is mild and moisture is in the ground. Don't wait until April - last year it was too dry by that time. Remember the golden rule: 'little and often'. Put out the treatment a little lighter than recommended and repeat at three-week intervals. Pace your lawn to get the correct size, a stride is approximately a mere, so if you have 10x12 strides, then you have 120sq metres of lawn.
- Not many people have any idea of the size of their green area and this why why many lawns are actually scorched when they are treated.